14 Winter Hair Care Tips With Home Remedies
Winter Hair Care Tips!
Winter has already set in! No matter how much we want to keep all our works aside and be cozy in our favourite quilt sipping our favourite drink, it is equally important to take care of ourselves especially our skin and hair. Since our hair is more prone to the environmental conditions in every season, it has to face all the dirt, dust and pollution it is very important to take special care of our hair.
The festive season is in and it is New Year’s Eve coming up. We all want to look our best. Being a girl our hair is the first thing we are most conscious about. In this season of styling, treating and perming our hair to look our best it is the best time to take special care pf our hair.
While we thank our stars that summers are gone and are our hair is out of the torcher of the sun, it is also time to start following a hair care routine and devote our time to our hair religiously.
So, lets get over with the chit chat session and dive straight into the tips and tricks that we could do to keep our hair flawless this winters!
Winters DO’s and DON’T’s
Starting with a budget friendly DIY let’s make our own hair care product! Going step by step let us first see some of winters DO’s and DON’T’s:
- TURN THE HOT WATER DOWN: We must never us HOT water to wash our hair. Mind you guys hot water really damages our hair. It strips our hair from our natural oils keeping our scalp dry and itchy and therefore demoting our hair growth. So friends always check the water temperature before pouring it onto yourself. Keep the water warm and never hot.
- WASH YOUR HAIR TO A MINIMUM: We should cut down frequent washing of our hair. Unlike summers we should limit our hair was to two or three times a week. The air around us is naturally dry during winters so washing hair everyday will make it dry, static and brittle exposing it to breakage.
- OIL YOUR HAIR: We should also oil our hair before every wash. Because during winter, our scalp is dry and prone to dandruff and irritation. In this case no matter how busy we are we should always take our time to get back the moisture into our hair.
Now lets jump into the DIY.
Homemade Winter Hair Oil For Hair Growth & Thickness
THINGS WE NEED:
- 1 full onion, satthwa hair oil(we can also make our own hair oil mixing coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil)
- Aloe vera gel (we can also scoop out the gel from afresh leaf)
STEPS OF PREPARATION:
- Grate the onion and take out the juice from the onion, because the juice is all we need from the onion.
- Take 2 tablespoon of the onion juice,1 tablespoon of the hair oil and half a tablespoon of aloevera gel.
- Mix it all very well so that there are no lumps.
- Heat the mixture for about 20-30 seconds then apply this mixture on the scalp section by section with the help of a cotton ball.
- When we apply this oil we need to make sure that we press the oil gently into the scalp.
- We need to massage the oil for 10-15 minutes and leave it for about an hour.
- Then wash it off with a sulphate free shampoo or any shampoo of our choice.
7 WINTER HAIR CARE TIPS FOR HEALTHY SHINY HAIR
We all face the problem of dry and frizzy hair in the winters and there are tons of solutions available all over the internet for combating this problem. So here in this article we have clubbed together some hacks for all the hair problems.
- MAKE YOUR OWN CONDITIONER MORE NOURISHING AND HYDRATING IN THE WINTER: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey(which ever honey is convenient) into our favourite conditioner. We can also add a few drops of coconut oil into our conditioner if honey is not favourable. This will make our conditioner more moisturizing adding shine and lusture to our hair.
- DOES YOUR SCALP GETS ITCHY DURING WINTERS? – If our scalp gets really itchy in the winters then all we need to do is either add a few drops of lavender oil or rose mary essential oil to our shampoo. Both of these essential oils are really calming for our scalp ad it also gets rid of any itchiness that we might have.
- DO A HAIR SPA AT HOME: It is super simple. All we need to do is just take our favourite conditioner and gently press it onto wet hair from the mid-lengths to the ends. The wrap it with a hot towel and then leave it for an hour then rinse it off. Doing this once a week will really deep condition our hair leaving it shiny and lustrous.
- AVOID FREQUENTLY WASHING YOUR HAIR: We have already discussed this point previously. Instead of washing our hair very often we can use dry shampoo or talcum powder to get rid of the greasiness.
- AVOID USING VERY HOT WATER: This point is also discussed previously. Very hot water strips the hair from its natural moisture making it dry out even further. So lukewarm water to cold water is fine.
- ADD NUTS SEEDS AND PROTEINS IN YOUR DIET: Adding nuts, proteins and omega 3 fatty acids in our diet helps in putting back the moisture from within. Adding sunflowerseeds,pumpkin seeds and flax seeds into our morning cereal and mixing it with some yogurt and nuts not only makes our hair shinier and lusturous but bonus it is also a yummy breakfast!
- AVOID USING HEAT FROM A DRYER EVERYTIME YOU WASH YOUR HAIR: Let our hair dry naturally and not use too much of heat. Using a blow dryer everytime dries out our hair leaving it brittle and damaged. So going out in the sun will not only provide vitaminD but would also save our hair from dryer damage.
Here are a few more tips and tricks to save our hair from drying out this winter.
6 WINTER HAIR CARE TIPS TO GET RID OF A ITCHY SCALP NATURALLY
For all those who have dry at itchy scalp during the winters, here are some tips to combat this problem naturally and right at home.
- CURE WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV): We all know that ACV has tons of benefits for our skin and hair. To get the maximum benefits we should always use raw unfiltered ACV with “THE MOTHER” in it. Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV with 2 tablespoon of water and apply it onto the scalp with a cotton ball. Keep it for 1 hour and rinse it off.
- USE A MILD SULPHATE FREE SHAMPOO: In the winters it is very important that we start using amild sulphate free shampoo. Shampoos with sulphate tends to dry out our scalp further making it flaky. It is also harsh on our skin.
- NOURISHIG AND SOOTHING SCALP OIL: To make this we need 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, ½ tablespoon of aloevera gel and 5-6 drops of tea tree oil. Mix it well. Slightly heat the oil the massage it onto the scalp. Keep it for 2 hours then rinse it off. Doing this 2-3 times a week will keep our hair healthy and moisturized.
- SOOTHE WITH CAMOMILE TEA: We need 2 teabags of camomile tea and boil it in 2 cups of water, just how we would make green tea. Let the tea cool down then strain it in an empty spray bottle. Refrigerate the tea then spray this all over our scalp to get rid of itchiness and flakiness. We need not rinse it off.
- DIY CALMING SHAMPOO: For this we need a sulphate free shampoo and add 2 drops of tea tree oil. Mix it well. Then shampoo like we normally would. This will calm and soothe itchy scalp.
- HYDRATING HAIR OIL: For this we need 1 tablespoon of pure olive oil and then mix it with 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil. Apply this oil onto the scalp. Massage it onto the scalp section by section for about 15 minutes. Then rinse it off after 3hours. This is a magical potion that helps in keeping our hair healthy and shiny. Do this 3 times a week and the results will be amazing.
So guys, hope you enjoyed today’s article. Try this at home and be beautiful and gorgeous this festive season and be ready to slay!