Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
We all take supreme care of our face ranging from different types of products to expensive skincare treatments. But is it enough??
No. Just taking care of our face is not enough. We should take equal care of our hands and legs. Especially our feet. Our feet demands special attention too.
Unattended feet tends to become dry and cracked. This is the worst nightmare among women’s. There are no setback. There glands present on our feet to replenish itself, therefore it becomes dry and cracked.
There can be several medical conditions such as eczema, thyroid, diabetes and psoriasis.
Well, there is no more time to get ashamed of cracked feet but its time to treat it. The wait is over. Do you know your kitchen is a hidden mine of amazing products that can be beneficial to skin and to treat cracked heels. Let us look into some simple home remedies to treat cracked heels.
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
This turns out to be an effective treatment for cracked heels. Unlike masks for your face you can also make masks for your feet.
- We need lemon, glycerin, raw salt and rose water. lemon juice helps heal dry skin. The glycerin and rose water provides softness.
- Take a big container with warm water (big enough to soak your feet). Now add 1 cup of raw salt, 8 -10 drops of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon glycerin and 1 tablespoon rose water.
- Soak your feet for about 15-20 minutes in this water. Then using a pumice stone or a foot scrub, scrub your feet.
- Then wash it and pat dry. Next, mix 1 tablespoon of glycerin, 1 tablespoon of rose water, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix it well and apply it onto your feet. You can wear a pair of socks and leave it overnight. Wash it off with lukewarm water in the morning. Do this everyday till your heels become soft.
Banana works as a moisturizer and makes our skin softer and smoother.
- Mash 1 ripe banana and make it into a thick paste. Apply this paste on your heels and feet.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water. Do this everyday till your feet becomes soft.
Vaseline and Lemon
Vaseline is a petroleum jelly that provides softness and heals dry skin. Lemon has citric acid that acts as an exfoliator.
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse it and pat dry. Mix 1 tablespoon of Vaseline and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Rub this mixture over your heels till it is dried out completely.
- Wear a pair of socks and leave it overnight. Wash it with lukewarm water in the morning. Do this regularly before going to bed.
It helps to soften the skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of paraffin wax and add 2-3 drops of coconut oil(you can also add mustard oil). Heat this mixture till the wax melts properly. Allow this to cool in room temperature.
- Apply this mixture on your heels. Keep it overnight and rinse it off in the morning. Do this 1-2 times aweek before going to bed.
Honey is an age old natural antiseptic that heals cracked skin and revitalizes the skin.
- Mix 1 cup of honey to ½ a bucket warm water.
- Soak your feet for about 15-20 minutes. Scrub it off gently.
- Then wash it and pat dry. Do this regularly.
Rice Flour exfoliates, purifies and makes our skin supple and soft.
- Take 2-3 tablespoon of ground rice and add 1 tablespoon of honey and 3-4 drops of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it all in a thick paste. Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes and gently scrub the pase on your feet to remove dead skin.
- Do this for 5-8 minutes then wash it with lukewarm water and pat dry. Do this 2 times a week.
Olive oil lifts our skin and makes it soft and shiny.
- Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and massage it gently on your feet for 10-15 minutes.
- Wear a pair of socks and let it stay for and hour. Wash it with lukewarm water. Do this everyday.
- You can also this this at night. Wear a pair of socks and leave it overnight. Shower in the morning like you normally would.
Coconut oil keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized. It nourishes the skin and keeps it plump.
- Take 2 tablespoon of coconut oil and massage it gently on your feet. Put on socks and leave it overnight.
- Shower as usual in the morning.
- Do this regularly till you get a soft feet.
Mouth wash as it is it has antiseptic properties which soothes skin and removes dead skin.
- Take 1 cup Listerine, 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups water. Mix all the ingredients well. Soak your feet in the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove your feet and scrub using a pumice stone to remove dead skin. Rinse and pat dry. Do moisturize.
- Do this everyday till your skin feels soft.
Baking Soda is an exfoliant and is anti-inflammatory.
- Fill 2/3rds of a bucket with warm water and add 3 tablespoon baking soda. Mix well until the soda dissolves.
- Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes. Remove and scrub gently with pumice stone.
- Rinse with cold water. Do this 2 times week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Loaded with millions of properties ACV has mild acids which soften dry skin and exfoliates dead skin.
- Fill half a bucket with warm water and add 1 cup of ACV. Mix it well.
- Soak your feet for 15 minutes. Scrub it and rinse.
- Do this every alternate day.
It is a bath salt. It has variety of uses. It softens skin and soothes tired feet.
- Fill half a bucket with warm water. Add ½ cup epsom salt. Mix it well.
- Soak your feet for 15 minutes. Scrub to remove dead skin. Do this 2-3 times a week.
Aloe vera the herbal plant has many beneficial properties which soothes and calms skin and makes skin soft.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water for 5 minutes. Pat dry and apply aloe vera gel.
- Wear socks and leave it overnight. Shower the next day as usual. Do this every night till you see a difference.
Tea Tree Oil
Most widely used essential oil has many benefits. This oil cleanses and conditions the skin. It also reduces pain and inflammation.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 5-6 drops of tea tree oil. Mix it well and apply it on your heels.
- Massage it for 2 minutes then wear socks and leave it overnight.
- Shower in the morning as usual. Do this every night for better results.
- Now lets look into what doctors say about cracked heels. Some recommendations of products as well that you can use to get rid of this problem.
Creams to Use for Cracked Heels
- Ranbaxy labs Moisturex
- FDC Cotaryl
- Gladerma Efaderm
How to Use
Use any 1 of these creams twice a day. Once after you shower and next before you go to sleep at night.
Wash your heels and hand prior to the application of these creams. Take a pea sized amount of the cream and massage it for 5 minutes.
Wear socks to cover the area. Do this regularly till you get the desired results.
Let us now see a DIY that you can do at home to treat you cracked heels.
Cracked Heels Home Remedy with Candle & Mustard Oil
Things we need
- A candle
- Mustard Oil
How to use
- Grate the candle to make it in a powder form.
- Take 2 tablespoon of the candle powder and 2 tablespoon of mustard oil.
- Mix it well. Heat the mixture till it gets melted. Now cool the mixture.
- Wash your feet then apply the mixture. Massage it or 5 minutes. Wear socks and leave it overnight.
- Shower in the morning as usual. Do this regularly to get desired results.
Let us see another simple DIY to heal cracked heels.
Heal Cracked Heels Overnight
Things we need
How to Use
- Take 2 tablespoon of Vaseline and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix it well until you get a gel like consistency.
- Apply it on your cracked feet before going to bed. Massage the gel for 5-8 minutes.
- Then wear socks and let it stay overnight. Shower in the morning as usual. To this regularly till you see improvement.
Now you can just walk bare feet without feeling the need to keep it covered always. Do these simple remedies and you will get results in no time.
Remember just as we take care of our face it is also very important to take care of our feet. So enough with the embarrassment it is time to treat it once and for all.