Vaseline Beauty Hacks You Should Know
Vaseline is the last thing that comes to our mind when beauty is concerned. It is the most underrated product. We hardly talk about this product and it is the most uncommon thing that could be found in anyone’s makeup kit. We feel that Vaseline and beauty is not at all related, not even the slightest. But we are wrong. This little tub can work wonders.
All we know about Vaseline is that it is a petroleum jelly that helps in treating chapped lips. But that is not all. In this article we will tell you some benefits of Vaseline, you would be amazed to know. It has various healing and beauty benefits.
Vaseline is a very versatile product that can be used for various different properties. These fascinating factors are not known to many but in this article we will explore all the different areas where Vaseline can be used. Later in this article we will provide you with some videos for the better understanding of the benefits of the Vaseline. But first let’s see some hacks that can make life easier and save us lots of time.
Tips And Tricks On How To Use Vaseline In Our Daily Life
Let us see some tricks on how we can incorporate Vaseline in our daily life:-
In place of your mascara:
If you don’t like using mascara all the time and want to have natural looking eyelashes. But if you still want to have a little curl, then you could just curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and coat it with Vaseline. This will nourish your lashes and keep it in place.
Make your perfume long lasting:
First rub a little amount of Vaseline on the usual places where you use your perfume. Then spray your perfume as usual. This trick will prevent your perfume from fading and will make it long lasting.
Treat your cracked heels:
Apply Vaseline on your heels and feet at night before you go to bed. Put on a pair of socks and let it stay overnight. Shower in the morning as usual. Your feet will be soft and supple. Repeat this process till you see improvement.
In place of your illuminators:
Market illuminators can be real expensive, but we all want that glow on our face. So what can we do?? Here is where Vaseline comes in. Apply a generous amount of Vaseline prior to your foundation. Then finish off with your normal makeup. This would give you a natural sheen without digging a hole in your pocket.
Vaseline helps in preventing the formation of scars. In case you get burnt while cooking, or while ironing your hair. Which like happens most of the time. Just splat a dollop of Vaseline on the burnt area and it will help in soothing the area and prevent scar from happening.
Prevents hair colour from staining:
Apply a layer of Vaseline along your hairline, neck and forehead before applying your hair colour. This will help in preventing hair colour from staining your usual areas and you can easily wipe it off.
As a cuticle cream:
This can prove to be an inexpensive cuticle cream. Now you don’t have to spend stack of dollars in order to make your manicure and pedicure look like you have just come out of the salon.
Bye bye chapped lips:
There can not be any thing more hydrating for your lips than Vaseline. Just apply a layer of Vaseline whenever necessary and you will see immediate results.
As a face cream:
You can also use Vaseline as a hydrating face cream. It will act as a moisturiser and will keep your skin radiant and hydrated all day long.
As a liquid highlighter:
This product can give you all the effects of your daily highlighter and bonus it is really cheap! Use this to highlight the usual areas of your face and body and you will see the shine immediately.
Take any pigments of your choice, be it any eyeshadow or your old lipstick. Apply a generous amount of Vaseline and a little bit of coconut oil. Melt it doing the double boiler process or in a microwave, whichever is convenient. Your own customized lip shade is ready!
Tame hair fly-aways:
When you find yourself all ready and done to take on the world and suddenly you see all those unruly hair flying away in all direction. No worries girl! Just take a little bit of Vaseline on your toothbrush and brush it all over your hair. Problem solved! It will stay intact for long.
When you find it difficult to take your eyebrows. Just brush your eyebrows as you normally would, take your mascara wand and apply a little amount of Vaseline on your brows. This will act as your expensive eyebrow gel and will keep it set. Finish your brows as usual.
As an eyeshadow primer:
When you apply matte eyeshadow and you find it extremely drying and cracking. Just prime your eyes with Vaseline, let it dry then continue with your usual eye makeup. This will provide a glossy sheen and will also keep them nourished.
Remove water proof makeup:
When you use waterproof makeup and you find it difficult to remove. Even your makeup remover fails in cleaning the stains of your stubborn eye makeup. Just take some Vaseline on a cotton pad and gently press it against your eyes. You would find your makeup is breaking down making it easy to clean.
That is all with some easy breezy hacks you can do with Vaseline. Fascinating right?? Try these at home and you will see it saves you loads of money. Now let’s move on to some detailed video descriptions for the better understanding of these tricks.
Vaseline Beauty Hacks: Apply Vaseline and see the magic
- Treating dark circles can be really difficult and frustrating. But don’t worry we have got an easy trick for you.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Vaseline and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix it well till you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Now apply the mixture on your dark circles and leave it for 1 hour.
- Wipe it with a cotton pad then rinse it off.
- Do this regularly for 7 days to see improvement.
You can also use Vaseline to stay youthful and prevent aging.
- Take 2 tablespoon of Vaseline and melt it using a double boiler process.
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloevera gel and ½ tablespoon of rose water. Mix it well.
- Apply it gently all over you face before going to bed. Leave it overnight.
- Wash your face in the morning as usual.
- Do this regularly for few days to see the change.
Vaseline can also be used to treat dark spots. Let’s see how.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Vaseline and add 1 teaspoon of raw milk. Mix it well.
- Apply it all over your spots and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a cotton pad and rinse it off with water.
- Do this for sometime to see the result.
Damaged and dry hair can also be treated with Vaseline.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Vaseline and 1 egg white. Mix it well.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes wash your hair with lukewarm water then shampoo as usual.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.
- Vaseline can make your eyelashes longer and thicker and your eyebrows denser. Now no need for falsies. You can be all natural.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Vaseline and ½ tablespoon of castor oil and 1 vitamin E capsule.
- Mix it well and apply it onto your brows and lashes.
- Leave it overnight. Do this regularly for 1-2 week to see the effect.
Let us now see few more beauty uses of Vaseline.
Top 5 Magical Vaseline Beauty Hacks
1. Use Vaseline as a facial cleanser
- Take ½ tablespoon of Vaseline and ½ tablespoon of raw milk. Mix it well.
- Apply it all over your face and leave it for 1 minute.
- Wipe it off with a cotton pad and rinse it off later.
- Do this everyday for soft and glowing skin.
2. Achieve thicker and fuller eyelashes and brows with Vaseline
- Take ½ tablespoon of Vaseline and ½ tablespoon of castor oil. Mix it well.
- Apply it all over your face before going to bed. Leave it overnight.
- Do this regularly for a few weeks to see the result.
3. Vaseline can also be helpful in treating puffy eyes and eye bags.
- Take ½ tablespoon of Vaseline and 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil. Mix it well.
- Massage this under you eyes for 2-3 minutes before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
- Do this for few weeks for best results.
4. Vaseline can also make your lips pink and soft again
It is very helpful in removing pigmentation.
- Take 2 tablespoon of beetroot juice(you can also use beetroot powder) and add 1 tablespoon of Vaseline. Mix it well.
- Apply it onto your lips like a lip balm before going to bed.
- Do this for 2-3 nights and you will see the results.
5. Vaseline can help in removing scars
Like we have discussed earlier Vaseline can help in removing scars. Let’s see how.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Vaseline and 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix it well.
- Massage it onto your scars for 10 minutes. Then wipe it off with a cotton pad and rinse it.
- Do this for few days regularly to see the results.
Now that you have known everything about Vaseline, incorporate these hacks in your day to day life and live a hassle free and flawless life. Hope you liked these Vaseline beauty hacks!