Winter Skin Care Routine at Home
Oh, winter! Sneaky, comfortable nights, Chunky scarves … and change your skin care routine. Have you ever seen how the skin loses all the moisture in the morning? There is no need to worry, here is a guide for your winter skin care routine, and some top tips for dealing with cold weather.
We are going establish an elaborate night skin care routine.
Winter Skin Care Routine for Night
- We are sharing a very effective night beauty regime with you. Always maintain gap in your dinner and sleeping time. We recommend a gap of two hours at least.
- The biggest beauty blunder is committed when you sleep with your make-up still on your face. You should always remove the make-up. Coconut oil is highly recommended to remove your makeup. Rub it all over your face and then use a wet wipe to clean your face. You can even use micellar water for this purpose.
- We all know a bit of residual make-might still be sticking onto our skin after all this procedure so we go with one more home remedy for that. We will now use besan i.e. chickpea powder and honey mixture on our skin. It is a three fold wonder for our skin. It washes our face and as honey has anti-inflammatory properties, it helps us fight acne and other skin problems. Honey also helps in keeping the skin moisturised in winters. Besan acts as a very good exfoliant. You can also use this mixture as a face pack.
- Now for the toner we are going to use one part apple cider vinegar and one part water with the help of cotton ball or pad on our face. This lifts our face and helps to reduce the size of the p
- Moving on to the night cream. We suggest using the wow anti aging cream. It very good and does not contain mineral oils like other night creams. It does not have any odour which in turn does not give you any problem in sleeping.
- Now to reduce the dark circles around your eyes apply almond oil around and on your eyes massaging slowly with the help of your finger tips.
- To moisturise your lips you can use clarified ghee. It is very soothing for your lips and it is highly beneficial.
- For the last tip you can apply castor oil to your eyebrows to make them beautiful. Follow your brow shape with your finger applying the castor oil. You can also apply it on your eye-lashes using a q-tip.
Winter Special Facial at Home
Moving on to a very easy winter special facial procedure. In winters dryness is a big issue and milk tackles this issue beautifully.
Milk can be used in winters and summers alike to keep the skin fresh and moisturised. It provides us with a smooth and bright skin. We have divided the procedure in four parts, namely; cleansing, scrubbing, face massage and face mask. Let us get started!
- Cleansing: start off with one teaspoon glycerine, add 3-4 tablespoons of raw milk to it. Now mix them well creating a soluble mixture of the two. As milk has low surface tension it acts as a very good cleanser. Milk helps to cleanse and moisturise the deeper layers of the skin. Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture to your skin. Glycerine is very effective in keeping your skin moisturised in winters. After you have applied this cleanser on the whole face, now wash your face with cold water.
- Scrubbing: while scrubbing your skin always remember to be gentle with your skin while exfoliating. Never overdo the scrubbing and keep scrubbing for only two days of a week. Excess of scrubbing may initiate irritation or redness in the skin. Take masoor dal and grind it, now take 3-4 teaspoons of this ground dal and add 4-5 teaspoons of raw milk and mix them well to prepare your scrubber. Masoor dal helps to exfoliate the skin and maintain the texture of the skin. The lactic acid in the milk helps to even out the skin texture. Scrub you face for 1-2 times and then wash with normal water.
- Face massage: It is an important step as it ensures good blood flow in the face. To make a face massage take pieces of a fully ripe banana. Place them in a bowl. Mash the banana slices and add kastoori turmeric to it. If you do not have kastoori turmeric use normal turmeric. Add 4-5 tablespoons of raw milk to it and mix. Now massage this mixture gently on your face. Banana helps to rejuvenate and replenish the skin cells. Turmeric is anti ageing and anti-inflammatory. These properties of the ingredients help us to gain a soft and smooth skin.
- Face mask: It is an important part of this regime. For a face mask you need fresh rose petals. If you do not have rose petals you can use 3-4 tablespoons of rose water. Take 2-3 tablespoons of milk powder. Add few rose petals to it. Add 3-4 tablespoons of raw milk to it and blend them together. This face mask is very good for the skin. The rose petals have an oil which helps to moisturise and lock the moisture in the skin. The lactic acid in milk helps to even and lighten the skin. Apply this face mask on your skin for 15-20 minutes. After this wash your face with normal water and pat it dry.
Winter Skin Care Routine for Morning
Morning is the most important part of the beauty regime of a person. We should focus on the morning regime as well.
Going by steps:
- First of all a good diet is important. We should start our day with a healthy juice of carrots, oranges and grapes. This will provide our body with a boost of energy.
- Coconut oil is a very good cleanser. Apply it on your face and then clean it with a tissue.
- Next step is scrubbing. We recommend scrub by khadi. It is affordable and very effective. You can also use steam in this process and enliven your skin.
- For the toner we recommend the kama rosewater toner. After it dries go on to the face pack.
- Use joyous apple and grapes face pack. It is affordable and effective. After it dries remove it by using a wet napkin.
- Now we are going to use tea tree facewash by body shop. It is very good and effective. Once you use it you will get addicted to it. You can also use neem and tulsi facewash by patanjali in its place.
- Now use neutrogena’s sunscreen and apply nykaa’s lip balm.
- Methi laddoos are very effective in winter season.
Hope you liked these winter skin care routine.
14 Winter Hair Care Tips With Home Remedies
You’ll Also Like
- 20+ Amazing Ideas to Reuse Old Shirts To Use Again In Fashionable Way
- Gorgeous Designer Saree Blouse Patterns Worn By Deepika Padukone
- Blouse Back Neck Designs for Bridal Sarees
- Latest Neckline For Kameez and Kurtis – Tutorial
- Latest Sleeves (Baju) Design Cutting And Stitching For Blouse/Suit/Kameez